What to expect from your first week as
a student in the Unit (Jessica Macdonald)
Jessica Macdonald - joined the unit in 2012, for a PhD studentship on the emergence, politics and issues surrounding public engagement in health research from the perspective of academics.
- You will spend some time setting up your desk, computer and email and completing administrative tasks.
- You will be introduced to the other students and staff.
- You will be assigned a buddy who will answer any questions you may have and take you to “buns” (weekly social session with cake which is open to all Unit staff).
- You will meet with your supervisors to discuss your project and you will be introduced to the rest of your team.
- You will get lost in the building at least once.
- You may see some research presentations from other students.
- You may attend the College of Social Science Postgraduate Induction week for introductory lectures and a free lunch.