Media content analysis workshop
We run one day workshops on conducting media content analysis. This workshop is aimed at researchers who have little or no experience of content analysis but who have an interest in examining the media’s influence on health using content analysis. Content analysis can be used to analyse a variety of different types of media. The course may be suitable to a wide range of health researchers, communication specialists and social scientists.
The course includes:
- Lectures focusing on the media’s influence on health
- Lectures offering key practical and theoretical elements of qualitative and quantitative content analysis
- Practical sessions offering researchers the opportunity to produce a coding frame and coding news stories
By the end of the course students will:
- have an understanding of the media’s influence on health
- have a practical and theoretical understanding of the main features of qualitative and quantitative content analysis
- have gained practical experience of designing a coding frame and coding news stories
- be able to apply this knowledge about content analysis to other types of documents.
Information about the next workshop will be posted here and on Twitter as soon as we have a date.