Staff Member Biography
Susan Browneposition: Research Associate
phone: 0141 353 7527
University of Glasgow,
200, Renfield Street
Biography and Interests
Susan joined the SPHSU in 2015 as a Research Associate on the qualitative component of the evaluation of the Healthy Start Voucher Scheme: a natural experiment using the Growing Up in Scotland record linkage study and the Infant Feeding Survey.
Previously Susan worked as health services researcher in the Section of General Practice and Primary Care, University of Glasgow on a number of projects including:
- In-MINDD (INnovative, Midlife INtervention for Dementia Deterrence);
- Patient, Carer and Clinician Experience of the Care for Patients with Severe Heart Failure Symptoms;
- the C4 study (Primary Care for People with Colorectal Cancer);
- PICT (Primary Care Inequalities Colorectal Cancer Treatment); and
- PACCE: examining the impact of public cancer awareness campaigns on primary care medical services.
Susan’s PhD was a qualitative study entitled: The Experiences of Colorectal Cancer Patients: a Longitudinal Perspective. Susan’s interests include social and health inequalities and qualitative methods.